Taking Some Time



James and I decided to make the most of the bank holiday weekend, we booked a few extra days off work and headed to the New Forest.

We've often talked about and considered what it might be like to stay in a campervan. We've fantasized about the sense of freedom from everyday stresses it could provide. With this in mind, James brought me four nights in one for Christmas.

Life's been pretty hectic for the both of us recently and we were worried that the trip had come at a really bad time. But actually, I think it came at just the right time. A few days away, in the middle of nowhere, was just what we needed.


We woke each morning to the sounds of the wind rustling through the trees and birds tweeting, we made coffee and bacon sandwiches on the small stove, which we ate outside in the forest, soaking up our surroundings.

Because spontaneous is my middle name (she says sarcastically), we booked all four nights on a campsite. But it had to be the right kind of site. I had a picture in my mind of what I wanted from the trip and luckily, it was just what we had. Seclusion from the outside world, time to switch off and relax; to read and to go for walks.




Comments

Popular Posts